Re: Into the Mouths of Tyrannosaurs...(more humour) and non-humor, now

>Yes indeed, in all the movies, Jurassic Park did one thing right: The
lawyer
>died. If T.rex was capable of finishing off one of the vilest, evilest
>creations ever to walk the earth, it must surely be the meanest thing that
>ever lived.

    O.K. guys, I know you said that only in sarcastic humor, but reality
compels me to say, "Please take it easy."  All lawyers do not deserve to be
invited to dinner by a T. rex.   Surely, there are many selfish ones, but
there are good people who are lawyers, contrary to what popular notions
might lead some to believe.

    In the latter class, we have a lovely and good-spirited lady lawyer on
this list, and she has actively participated in scientific paleontology here
in North America and in Africa, as well.  The last time I encountered her,
she had kindly brought along the most spectacular sauropod 'claw' I've ever
seen, for me to have a look at.  She had personally found it out west on a
scientific paleontological dig in which she was a participant.

    The same person has been very helpful to the Delaware Valley
Paleontological Society, in arranging speakers for their meetings, and
undoubtedly has helped other paleontological causes in ways unknown to me.

    I just thought some of you (who might not know) should be aware of one
more of the exceptional, nice, and helpful people who are on this list.  The
lady lawyer mentioned here is Patricia Kane-Vanni.  There may be still other
nice lawyers on this list.  At least one of our list member's father is a
lawyer, too.

    This was written strictly of my own volition, because we sometimes do
not realize who is on this list.  I certainly speak to myself as well as to
any to whom it might apply, in saying:  Try to develop discretion and
circumspection, concerning what we say here.  Such efforts may help
relations between list members and may even improve the image of this list
to lurkers (even media lurkers) of whom we may be unaware, if we care about
that.

    Thanks, all, for 'listening'.

    Ray Stanford