Re: Back to Theropod Neck Flexibility...(NO JP reference needed!)

Another message held up by an address problem -- MPR

From: "Srnka, Christopher P." <Srnka.Christopher@mayo.edu>
To: "'dinosaur@usc.edu'" <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Subject: Back to Theropod Neck Flexibility...(NO JP reference needed!)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:20:43 -0600

I know the JP reference threw some people off here...I'm not really asking
anything about the general accuracy of the JP dinosaurs. The _Spinosaurus_
twisting its head around to grab the guy is just the most vivid example I
could think of to describe the kind of neck rotation that I'm asking about.

So, back to the original question: is it likely that large theropods could
achieve that kind of bite angle? Is it more likely that _Spinosaurus_ could,
but _T.rex_ couldn't, for example?

Christopher Srnka
Illustrator * Mayo Medical Ventures
8-1605