[no subject]

Hi Dr. Holtz

Thought:

No one has ever made mention of a feature on
Daspletosaurs teeth which I believe may be diagnostic.

A few years back I purchased a Cast of a
Daspletosaurus tooth from the Museum of the Rockies. I
immediately noticed how far down to the base the
anterior serration line goes down, about 4/5 too the
level of the end of the posterior serrations.

Since then I have noticed this same feature on all the
supposed Dapletosaurus teeth and tooth cast that i hve
looked at. T. rex and albertosaur/gorgosaur teeth
predominantly have serations that either go down
half-way to the base or 2/3 the way down in relation
to the posterior serration. In a close up, face on pic
i saw of the type Daspletosaurus mount's skull I can
clearly see this same trait!

Yet I have never seen thisissue discussed anywhere!

Comments?

Henry Mendoza