Re: Names, professional courtesy, and more

In a message dated 3/13/02 5:42:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tholtz@geol.umd.edu writes:

<< The croc-workers have behaved
 much, much more professionally about this, referring to the "Kayenta croc"
 or the "Fruita croc" (for example) by informal names for *decades*, waiting
 for these formal names (which are known in the community in some cases) to
 be published. (Incidentally, are either of these two examples published yet?
 Must check...). >>

The Fruita croc was called Fruitachampsa [nomen nudum] in a popular
publication several years ago (Tracy will have the citation, I'm sure; my
copy is buried).