Re: Names, professional courtesy, and more

> So, my general recommendation is that which was followed in The
Dinosauria:
> unless the name is really, truly formally published and out there,

Just to annoy people ;-) : This is one reason I look forward to the
PhyloCode and its registration. Then names will either be objectively valid
or not, no more quarrelling about what exactly counts as published, and
everyone will be able look up whether a name is registered at a website...
It'll be impossible to scoop a registered name. =8-)