Re: South American ceratopsians

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:13:16
 Alessandro Marisa wrote:
> [...]

I've seen this animal listed simply as Ornithischia incertae sedis.  As far as
I know, there is no unequivocal South American ceratopsian known, but I could
very well be mistaken.

On another note, I just finished reading Novacek's book and was impressed by
it.  Certainly it isn't a book to read if one hopes to learn a whole lot about
dinosaurs and Mesozoic/Tertiary mammals.  However, as was mentioned, the book
is basically an autobiography and contains many interesting field stories (yes,
it is dangerous to be a field paleontologist).  It's a quick read...and another
piece of excellent writing by Michael Novacek.

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.
http://my.lycos.com