Re: Megalosaurus = Torvosaurus in Europe -- reply to Qilongia

It is Mr Madsen who insists on aligning Proceratosaurus with the ceratosaurs, and it is this my comments were directed toward.
Very, very few people know Madsen's paper (recently mentioned onlist), and those that do don't believe its phylogenetic hypotheses. Among casual readers of e. g. Internet sites it seems to be have been common knowledge that Proceratosaurus is a basal coelurosaur for quite some time now.
I, for one, having examined Proceratosaurus , believe the specimen's "nasal horn" to be an artifact of preservation,
Interesting. I suppose there is a paper to wait for? :-)

Pheeew... 12220 messages in my inbox... when will I have time to delete? :-)