RE: Velociraptor profiles

Marcel Bertolucci wrote:

> I've read the book "Raptor Red", by Bob Bakker, and I think that if
> you take some of the human romanticism out of the written lines, you'd
> get a pretty good behavior of a _Velociraptor_, even because the book
> deals with a _Utahraptor_'s story. In my oppinion, it's a good book in
> the paleontological aspect.

"Raptor Red" is to paleontology what "The Mummy Returns" is to egyptology.
RR is inspired by paleontology, but shouldn't be considered paleontology
itself.  That doesn't necessarily make it a bad book, by the way.  Just keep
in mind that it isn't a scientific text.

Tim

Timothy J. Williams

USDA-ARS Researcher
Agronomy Hall