Wadi Milk Dromaeosaurid

Quoting Mickey Mortimer <Mickey_Mortimer111@msn.com>:

> david van zant wrote-
>
> > can anyone give me some information about the
> > dromeasauride discovered in sudan.
>
> unnamed Velociraptorine (Rauhut and Werner 1995)
> Cenomanian, Late Cretaceous
> Wadi Milk Formation, Sudan
> Description- 20 serrations per 5 mm on anterior carina; 15
> serrations per 5
> mm on posterior carina.
> Material- (Vb-713) pedal phalanx II-2 (36 mm)
> (Vb-714) pedal ungual II
> (Vb-860) pedal ungual II
> (Vb-866) pedal ungual III
> (Vb-868) pedal ungual III
> (Vb-875) tooth (8.3 mm)
>
> Mickey Mortimer

I have some revised data from Vb-875, since it is currently sitting in
my office, but I am not putting most of it out there on the DML since it
is part of a manuscript I have in prep. concerning this beast.  However,
for the data that were presented in Rauhut and Werner, 1995:

Crown Height (extrapolated using image analysis software to my best
approximation of where the actual distal part of the crown base was;
this part of the crown is broken): 8.45mm

Average denticle density per 5mm on the mesial carina (roughly
equivelent to "anterior."  Calculated from counts taken, with a mm
calibrated 10x hand lens, at the base, apex, and midpoint of the carina,
and thus accounting for variation in denticle size within the overall
length of the carina): 24.3 denticles per 5mm

Average denticle density per 5mm on the distal carina (roughly
equivelent to "posterior."  calculated in the same manner as for the
mesial carina): 17.3 denticles per 5mm
These data are all averages of 5 replicates of each measurement.

-Josh

----
Josh Smith
University of Pennsylvania
240 South 33rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6316
smithjb@sas.upenn.edu
Project Director, Bahariya Dinosaur Project (http://www.egyptdinos.org)

NOTE: Currently in residence at:
Department of Anthropology
Harvard University
Please address all correspondence and mailings to:
18 Traymore Street
Cambridge, MA 02140
NEW OFFICE PHONE 617.495.1966