RE: Velociraptor profiles and a little background

Allan Edels wrote:

> You wrote: "casting _Velociraptor_ as the aggressor/predator and
> _Velociraptor_ as the victim/prey remains the most parsimonious
> interpretation for the pose. "

Jeez, did I write that?  I blame sleep deprivation.  Of course, it should've
read "casting _Velociraptor_ as the aggressor/predator and _Protoceratops_
as the victim/prey remains the most parsimonious interpretation for the
pose. "  Silly me.

> Also: EQ = Encephalization Quotient (i.e. the brain mass versus total
> mass ratio).  In other words, their brains got bigger as their bodies
> stayed around the same size, in order to improve their accuracy and
> safety while pouncing.

Nice theory, but is there any literature to back this up?

Tim

Timothy J. Williams

USDA-ARS Researcher
Agronomy Hall