Re: Velociraptor profiles and a little background

> David Marjanovic wrote:
>
> > Hm. It is easy to imagine parachuting evolving from pouncing, but I
> > can't imagine the flight stroke evolving that way.
>
> Perhaps via the execution of the predatory stroke during these descents.

This would completely destroy the fine-tuned control done by holding the
wings in exact positions during parachuting, what you wrote about before.
Flapping during parachuting may not be as dangerous as flapping during
gliding, but I can't imagine it being of much use.