Re: Fossil sites in New Mexico

> I see that algae, ostracods, and some amphibians are known from the
Moenkopi.  Is there much else known?  How thoroughly has the formation been
studied and sampled?<
Sam Welles did lots of work in the Moenkopi, and there are a number of well
known tracks from the Moenkopi as well (for instance, see Lockley and Hunt),
some with skin impressions.
More work is currently being done on the fauna of the Moenkopi. See last
year's WAVP abstracts, and I believe this year's SVP abstracts as well for
starting points.
Peace,
Rob

Student of Geology