RE: Oldest Neoceratopsian...

Dan Varner wrote:

>      Brilliant! Elementary! Unusual mental keenness on the part of Tim
> Williams!

"Unusual", indeed.  ;-)

> And lest there be further
> misunderstanding, I wish to compliment Mike Skrepnick on a long series
> of superb restorations of important new discoveries!

I'll second that.

The reconstruction of the _Liaoceratops_ body is speculative.  No doubt
_Liaoceratops_ had one, but only skull material was reported in the article.
Nevertheless, restoring _Liaoceratops_ with a _Psittacosaurus_-like
postcranium seems entirely reasonable.

Tim

Timothy J. Williams

USDA-ARS Researcher