Re: ISLE OF WIGHT OVIRAPTOROSAUR

In a message dated 3/21/02 11:11:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, dannj@alphalink.com.au writes:

<< darren.naish@port.ac.uk wrote:

> Mr Pickering's argument that fragmentary or incomplete specimens are
> taxonomically worthless and may as well be ignored is most amusing...

Indeed. If we ignored fragmentary taxa, Australian palaeontologists
would have a lot more spare time on their hands. And no one would bother
doing any work in Antarctica. You'd have two large biogeographically
important (or at least interesting) areas with only a handful of
described taxa. >>

      Ditto for here in New Jersey and many of our taxa of marine reptiles. Dryptosaurus anyone? I sure miss South Dakota. DV