re: IoW oviraptosaurs

<< darren.naish@port.ac.uk wrote:

> Mr Pickering's argument that fragmentary or incomplete specimens are
> taxonomically worthless and may as well be ignored is most amusing...

>Indeed. If we ignored fragmentary taxa, Australian palaeontologists
would have a lot more spare time on their hands. And no one would bother
doing any work in Antarctica. You'd have two large biogeographically
important (or at least interesting) areas with only a handful of
>described taxa. >>

And let's not forget the frustratingly fragmentary and wonderful Arundel fauna
of
the East Coast USA! ;-)

Tom

Thomas R. Lipka