Protoceratops bite

I don't think the raptor was trying to "hide" from anything, especially with
the hand in the proto's mouth. What is interesting is that if the two were
fighting, why wasn't the raptor's hand crushed more, if not severed completely?
The forearm of the predator would in no way have been a match for the crushing
power of the protoceratops. What are the odds of them being buried so
instantaneously that the manus was "right there" in some sort of "oh look, he
got me" pose. Unless the proto had been dead moments before an event, and a
storm shoved the feeding raptor off the kill and wedged him into the present
position. Kind of odd. The question of when the assumed "throat slashing"
occured comes into play.