Re: 45 MYA Redwoods Found Near North Pole

David Marjanovic wrote:

> >  We dont have plants that can survive under those conditions today, let
> >  alone forests, Jahren says. For a tree to endure four months of daylight
> >  is like you or I going without sleep for four months.

        This happens in Alaska every year in the summer.  Constant daylight is
about 4-5 months long, depending on how far North you are.  All it seems
to do is allow one to grow 40 lb cabbages and the like; it's wonderful
for growing things which have a growing season that short. It can make
people a little goofy, though.

        mkDragon

--
Not only can she skate like an angel, but her
                    heart is made of pure gold. The journalists and