Re: 45 MYA Redwoods Found Near North Pole

<Permafrost!?! Really? Cool... :-)>

  Caution about this ... the evidence is circumstantial, though very
indicative and I would trust the interpretation for now.

<*Leaellynasaura*, named after Rich's daughter Lea Ellyn.>

  Yeah, the Tom Rich promised to name a dinosaur for his daughter Leaellyn
(one word), so when the hypsi was discovered, so it was. In 1994, he named
one for his son, as well as his colleague (Tom Rich and Tom Flannery).
Rich and Flannery have collaborated on many aussie mammal works, as the
latter is a mammologist, and we should hear good things as it seems that
Tom and Pat's daughter is following her parents' footsteps into paleontology.

=====
Jaime A. Headden