Re: lurdusaurus help

Here's the publication by the redoubtable Philippe Taquet and our
favorite Dale Russell [to whom i forwarded your query]:

A massively-constructed iguanodont from Gadoufaoua, Lower Cretaceous of
Niger, Annales de Paléontologie, Volume 85, Issue 1, 3 January 1999,
Pages 85-96  Philippe TAQUET and Dale A. RUSSELL

If I remember, elements were mentioned but not described in earlier
papers, referred to as an 'iguanodont trapu' only.  As far as I know
these folks have not published any reconstructions, but their discussion
fleshes out the creature as a fascinating departure from the standard
plan, more reminiscent of ground sloths [or heavyweight therizinosaurs]
than other iguanodontids.

Jeff

Jeffrey Alan Bartlett
Graduate Student in Paleoecology
Assistant to the Director
Center for the Exploration of the Dinosaurian World
North Carolina State University | North Carolina State Museum
of Natural Sciences

Box 8208, Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Raleigh, North Carolina 27695-8208
jabartle@unity.ncsu.edu
(919) 515-7917