Re: Velociraptor profiles

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Jerzy Dyczkowski wrote:

- claw marks on Protoceratops skull and ribs. If Velociraptor claw was
killing weapon, and Velociraptor was fighting it's claws should leave
marks on bone. Less likely, if it was grasping the carcass.

If the Velociraptor and Proto had had only been struggling for a moment, then the Protoceratops may have not incurred any other injuries (other than the neck). On the other hand, if the Proto was a scavenged carcass, then it should have scratches all over it. So if the the skeleton has extensive tooth/claw marks, then I think that lends weight to the idea that it was already dead, not alive.