Re: Isle of Wight "Oviraptor"

    Tim Williams said, >I was especially offended by their joint literary
effort:

>Janensch, W. and von Huene, F. (1939)  "Tyrannosaurs: the Nazi
>super-predators of the Cretaceous."

    I've not read the paper, but judging by the title, it seems to me that
only tyrannosaurs should be offended.  :-)

    But if Tim has some evidence that Janensch and von Huene were comparing
tyrannosaurs to Nazis in a way intended to be complementary to the character
of tyrannosaurs, I should like to hear about the evidence, OFF LIST.

    Thanks,
    Ray Stanford