From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Adam Britton
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 7:13 PM
To: rbi@dana.ucc.nau.edu; dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Croc etymology

You could check the original description, which as far as I'm aware is:

Balouet, JC and Buffetaut, E., 1987. _Mekosuchus inexpectatus_ n. g. n. sp.
Crocodilian nouveau de l'Holocene be Nouvelle Caledonie. C. R. Adac. Sc.
Paris. 304: 853-7 [though I have another citation that lists the journal as
C. R. Acad. Sci. SZr. II: Mec.-Phys., Chim., Sci. Terre, Sci. Univ. 304:
853-857 ??]

Adam Britton