RE: Earliest North American Tyrannosaurids

At 08:21 AM 5/4/2002, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:
Indeed, from that point onward in North America there are no non-tyrannosauroid (and, save for _Daspletosaurus_, no non-tyrannosaurID) large theropods known.

Whoa! I must have really missed something. Does this mean that Daspletosaurus is no longer considered part of the tyrannosauridae? It is now tyrannosauroidae? I am very confused.

Darryl Jones  <dinoguy@sympatico.ca>

For information on tyrannosaurids and
visit my webpage at:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/dinoguy/