flight stroke

Maybe my post was lost, or overlooked, but how's this
for an explanation of the flight stroke in early
protofliers?

Let's say you have a gliding or leaping creature with
a fairly well-developed tail. Am I correct that when
the energy from take-off lessens at the end of the
glide, that the tail's weight will begin to pull the
back of the body down and the front up? This would
result in a stall (assuming the creature tried to
maintain level flight). Could the flight-stroke be a
way to help pull the forebody down again? I think this
idea is easily testable. You could build toy models
with both long and short aft stabilizers, and then see
which stalls first over a long-range glide.
Before I elaborate, I'd like to get everyone's input
first.

Cheers,
Waylon Rowley