Re: In defense of paleoart (was: Re: In (premature) defense of the USNM)

From: "Michael Skrepnick" <palaeopaint@dinosaursinart.com>

> > http://www.egyptdinos.org/PT_Bailly.html
>
> ***MS  Once again, the inherent problems expand at an exponential rate.

Sure, you add to the partial remains of animals the among of very partial
remains of plants, and I'll add that almost no fossil of mushroom
fruitbodies is known, except in amber.
But the scientifical and artistic interest expands the same way.

> *** MS   "Paleo art. . . the final frontier. . .( background
"Da-da -daaaa.
> .
> da da da da Daaaaaa!!!). . . to go where no man has gone before" . . .
>
> THE QUEST FOR THE UNKNOWN SUCKS US IN AND DRIVES US ON. . .

As I wrote for my Dinosauricon gallery:
"In this world of pollution, war, and destruction of nature, drawing
dinosaurs in their natural environment makes me find a kind of "lost
paradise"."

Thanks for giving your time to this discussion,
Friendly - Luc J. "Aspidel" BAILLY.