Re: flight stroke

James R. Cunningham wrote:

> why would the energy lessen at the end of
> the glide (unless the animal deliberately killed
> the kinetic energy)?

If it tried to maintain altitude without using gravity
as a source of thrust. At a low speed, the tail of
Archaeopterygiforms looks like it would provide less
lift to the center of gravity in the body than that
produced by the arms, so I figured the combined weight
of the tail and gut would cause it to dip down. Ebel
apparently thought so too, as HP Marjanovic pointed
out.

> It is testable.  It may have been tested as much as
> a hundred years ago.

Would you be kind enough to provide a ref to any
modern studies?

Cheers,
Waylon Rowley