DA Archaeopteryx Carpal and Manus Question

I have been wondering about something that Mr. Paul said in DA, and I have been meaning to ask about it. In DA, he says that Archaeopteryx's carpals and manus were a bit more avian then those of Avepectorans. How??? I just don't see it. I would like to know what is avian at all about Archaeopteryx's carpals and or manus in a relative way compared to dromaeosaurs. I just see no real difference, and I just don't see any modern carpal traits in Archaeopteryx. In fact, the lateral flexing looks like it was greater in some dromaeosaurs, like NGMC 91. I guess Microraptor could also qualify in this regard, but with this one you can call into effect the degree of disarticulation.

I'm not asking about traits of Archaeopteryx's carpals that are common with dromaeosaurs. I'm asking about what are avian about the carpals and the rest of the hand. I'm definitely not looking for an answer that starts telling me about the palmer 3rd metacarpal blah blah blah..... That will just cause me to bang my head on my desk and make me want to smack you. :-)

It's like what Paul says on page 206; " The carpals and hand elements of Archaeopteryx were somewhat more birdlike than those of avepectoran dinosaurs, but one would expect the wrists of flightless dinosaurs to be less avian than those of a flying relative." So, Archaeopteryx is more avian in the wrist and hand since it flew. I don't know what that means exactly. All the traits that I can think of that Archaeopteryx has are also found in dromaeosaurs. So, what are the non-dromaeosaur traits of the carpals and manus?

So, if anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Mr. Paul, could you please show me the light?

Thanks

Kris