Re: flight stroke (pretty short)

From: "David Marjanovic" <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>

> From: "Williams, Tim" <TiJaWi@agron.iastate.edu>
> > _Rahonavis_ (probably a weak flier) lived near the end of the
Cretaceous.
> > [...] _Rahonavis_ may have deliberately kept a conservative anatomy
> > (and physiology) because it suited its lifestyle.
>
> It's more complicated than that... *Rahonavis* has much longer wings than
> *Archaeopteryx* (and *Confuciusornis*; it's closer to *Sapeornis*) and a
> joint between scapula and coracoid (the scapula has a facet for the
coracoid
> like in Enantiornithes). Also like Enantiornithes and *Patagopteryx*, but
> unlike *Confuciusornis*, it grew slowly to stay small.

Again about the possible raptorial behaviour of _Rahonavis_: I wonder if its
anatomy could have allowed it to have sometimes an "immobile flight" -
sorry, Idunnow the exact word - I mean like some _Falco_, to locate its prey
and then to sweep down on it.

Friendly - Luc J. "Aspidel" BAILLY.