Re: New dinosaur discoveries from Utah and Wyoming

In a message dated 5/9/2002 2:00:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dino.hunter@cox.net writes:

< This will be like the third time he's reported on this therizinosaurid.
First was last year in Berkeley, then the SVP, now GSA. >
Dave Gillette didn't attend SVP in 2001.

< I've been told he's
trying to keep a tight lip on this find, but how can he do that if he keeps
talking about it?>
See my post of August 2001, written after I had visited the Museum of
Northern Arizona, talked to Dave, and saw the specimen:
http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/2001Aug/msg00630.html
I asked Dave if the find was secret or embargoed, and he said no.

< Interestingly, he won't go up to Salt lake to see the
Therizinosaur from Zuni Basin, New Mexico. I'd think that if your research
is on a certain type of animal you'd like to study like animals. Oh, well...>
Won't, hasn't had the time to do so, or perhaps actually has seen the
specimen?

Mary