Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 1:30 PM
Subject: Thylacine rumours...

Hi all – forgive what may look like a cross-posted troll, but I’ve been made aware on a number of mailing lists now that the Australian Museum of Natural History and the Discovery Channel have been issuing invitations to science journalists for a gathering on May 28th to make a ‘major announcement regarding their thylacine program’ [that’s research, not TV program ;)].

I’m guessing it’s a funding go-ahead for the cloning attempt, but on the offchance that it’s either a rediscovery or a cloning attempt 10 years ahead of schedule: I know there are a few TV/journo types here – anyone know anything more?