Re: Dinotopia

I certainly think Dinotopia: the series was in inventive, if mis-budgeted
and misplaced item for viewing. They should have tried to do much better,
but hey, what can you expect for TV-made movies? Oh, incidentally, they
were lemuriforms (from Disney's Dinosaur), not hominids.

  Aside from some of the taxonomic goofs, my main problem was in the art
direction, as the sets appear to be too much of a stage design, rather
than being made to appear as if they were outside. They use greenery to
hide this, of course. If given the budget of companies like Imagine Ent.
or ILM, much better things would have been possible, but it is unlikely
that any theatrically produced version will come about, as it seems more
possible that Jurassic Park will be in the theaters for another or two
more films, at least. That, or the dino franchise will not fade on the
screen and the TV production will keep Dinotopia from such a venue.

  Who knows,

  On to placodonts and work....

=====
Jaime A. Headden