Thylacine illustrations

In a message dated 5/14/02 1:02:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, TiJaWi@agron.iastate.edu writes:

<< Alas, the thylacine remains Austalia's most common extinct animal.  You're
as likely to find a thylacine alive in Tasmania as a dodo on Mauritius.
Sad, but true - and I hope I'm wrong.  Cloning a thylacine may happen some
time in the future, but not in my lifetime (I'm 31). >>

      I highly recommend a visit to the website below that includes not only a Chas.R.Knight painting of a thylacine and young, but also a Joseph Gleeson illustration of same that is quite extraordinary. Gleeson collaborated with Knight on early restorations of Ceratosaurus and Tylosaurus and also illustrated Kipling's _Just So Stories_. DV
    http://www.naturalworlds.org/thylacine/moretopics/illustrations/illustrations.htm