Re: Theropod limbs - how mobile?

On Thursday, May 16, 2002, at 06:35  PM, no go wrote:

I wonder if those tiny forelimbs could be used as display structures to indicate interest or threat.

I have always liked the idea of tyrannosaurids using their arms for display. Here's a drawing I did a couple of years ago, entitled "The Mating Dance"

homepage.mac.com/john_conway/albertosaurus-sarcophagus.jpg

John Conway, Palaeoartist

"All art is quite useless." - Oscar Wilde

Protosite: http://homepage.mac.com/john_conway/
Systematic ramblings: http://homepage.mac.com/john_conway/phylogenetic/