Re: Thylacine illustrations

http://www.alphalink.com.au/~dannj/temp/thylacine_1_beaumaris_zoo_hobart.jpg

> First, there is no enclosure in the Knight painting--only
> vegetation. I am assuming, therefore, you are referring to the Gleeson
> painting (the one with the pup in pouch).

The enclosure is shown in the above photo.

http://www.alphalink.com.au/~dannj/temp/thylacine_5_natzoopark_washington.jpg

> Knight seldom, if ever,
> copied photographs as Dann has implied

I think it's pretty clear that, if you compare the painting and the
first photo above, that he did.

GIS, Archaeologist          http://www.geocities.com/dannsdinosaurs