Re: Theropod limbs - how mobile?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fam Jansma" <fam.jansma@worldonline.nl>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 7:54 PM

> >> Do I need to say more than: "Eotyrannus lengi"???
> >
> >Yes. Three points are not enough to show a straight line is present. :-)

And *Eotyrannus* is outside Tyrannosaur_idae_. :-)

> Better is not available at the moment, a lot would be solved if some good
> Mid Cretaceous material will be found of a Tyrannosaur. [...]
> untill we have no intermediate "dots" the best comparison can be made on
> basis of this basal animal.

So I can continue to say "3 points are not enough to show a straight line is
present", can't I?

> Albertosaurus arctuinguis is not referable to Tyrannosaurus IIRC, instead,
> it has been referred to Albertosaurus sarcophagus.

Oh, sorry. All I know is it's considered a subjective synonym of something
else. :-]

There is no reason [...] to believe that the order of nature has any greater
bias in favour of man than it had in favour of the ichthyosaur or the
pterodactyl.
        H. G. Wells