Re: Cladistics - How?

Michael:

You may wish to start at Berkeley's excellent on-line primer:
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/clad/clad4.html

This site introduces many of the basic concepts and shows and describes many cladistic analyses and phylogenetic trees.

If this site doesn't help for some reason, or if you're looking to go into more detail, there is a book I can recommend ... but it's at my office at the moment and I'm at home -- if I remember (or you remind me) I can e-mail it to you (the title, that is).

I want to say the author is Schuh (sp.?) and the book title is Biological Systematics, but I'll have to get back to you on that.

Anyway, happy cladotrails.

Matt

Matthew F. Bonnan, Ph.D.
Department of Biological Sciences