RE: bird feet

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Jordan Mallon
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 8:40 AM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: bird feet

Hey all,

I'm doing a brief study on bird feet to help me with my dino-illustrations.
If anyone has any good digital photos of bird feet (particularly of the
tarsal scutes), could they please send 'em this way for my own personal
reference?
Thanks,

Jordan Mallon

AIM: jslice mallon

I recommend:

Kochan, Jack B., 1994, Birds, Feet & Legs: Stackpole books, 81 pp. ISBN
0811725154.

This is part of a series of books on illustrating birds. I found it when I
was in Mesa Arizona used book store (Bookmans). It's a really good book.
I've been meaning to post this on the DML but, life happens, you
forget...Also the following...

Kochan, Jack B., 1995, Birds, Bills & Mouth: Stackpole books, 81 pp. ISBN
0811730573

Kochan, Jack B., 1996, Birds, Wings & Tails: Stackpole books, 88 pp. ISBN
0811725030.

There's one more, Heads & Eyes, but I don't have that one.

Tracy L. Ford
P. O. Box 1171
Poway Ca  92074