Alb. arctunguis (was RE: Theropod limbs - how mobile?)

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> David Marjanovic
>
> There's a contradiction, isn't there? -- Who mentioned PDW? *Albertosaurus
> arctunguis* and *A. megagracilis* (aka *Dinotyrannus*) are now considered
> young *T. rex*. While many parts of PDW do still hold, 1988 was 14 years
> ago. :-)

Just a correction: _A. arctunguis_ is considered a junior synonym of _A.
sarcophagus_, NOT _T. rex_.

Also, let's just say that some very, very comprehensive work on growth
patterns in tyrannosaurids, addressing (among other things) arm length will
be published sometime this year (I think: could be early 2003).

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite