Re: Drawing tools (was: Re: How did you become "Paleo Artist?")

John Conway wrote:

> For shading purposes, soft pencils are better.
> This is not MY theory, it is how drawing is taught.

Who cares how drawing is taught, so long as one is able to get the particular
effect he/she desires, using the techniques he prefers.

> Again, for shading, rough paper and soft pencils are the best. Hard
> pencils will not give a good effect on even the roughest paper.

Doesn't this perhaps depend upon individual technique and desired effect?  Or
are you saying that all artists should use the same style and technique?  If I
thought that, I'd just imitate Kelly Freas and be done with it.  I usually
draw on albanene (sp?), backed by bright white paper.