Re: Drawing tools (was: Re: How did you become "Paleo Artist?")

I will throw my 2 bits worth in here as well and side with Jim C, as I
routinely use
2H and higher and almost never anything softer. Harder lead lends itself to
detail,
keeps a point longer, doesn't smudge nearly as much and has less "sheen" to
it.
While the B+ range lends itself to softer, impressionistic rendering, it's
harder to
"control" on slicker surfaces ( hot pressed illustration board, etc. . .)
and as far as
art college goes, it was an "interesting" experience, but most of what I've
discovered
and learned concerning technique and so on , happened well AFTER I left.

Mike Skrepnick