Re: Josh Smith's Egyptian Dinosaurs on A&E

Quoting MKIRKALDY@aol.com:

> A&E announced its 2002-2003 programming today:
>
>        THE LOST DINOSAURS OF EGYPT: The first in a series of
> specials with Cosmos Studios. Nearly 90 years ago, a German
> scientistdiscovered several species of dinosaur bones in the
> Egyptian desert.
>        Now, a group of young American paleontologists from the
> University of Pennsylvania have rediscovered the site and have made
> startling new discoveries. A&E follows them on their daring
> expedition as they unearth what is believed to be a new species of
> dinosaur and one of the largest beasts to walk the earth.
> _____
>
> Mary

Yes, I guess it is finally going to happen.  The date is supposed to be
7 October 2002 at 9pm EST.  THIS ought to be interesting.  I just
finished checking out what is supposed to be the final version for the
foreign markets and I am still finding things that are technically
wrong; points that we have been trying to get them to change for
MONTHS...sigh.  I think it is going to be a nice overview of how an
exploratory season in that part of the world might be run and documents
pretty well the tremendous pressure we were under.  Since I guess it is
too much to hope that this crowd would have something better to do on a
Monday night then watch yet another dinosaur documentary, at least I can
request that everyone have a nice stiff drink beforehand (we begged and
pleaded with them to get rid of the camel scene, we really did!).

-Josh

----
Josh Smith
University of Pennsylvania
240 South 33rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6316
smithjb@sas.upenn.edu
Project Director, Bahariya Dinosaur Project
http://www.egyptdinos.org

NOTE: Currently in residence at:
Department of Anthropology
Harvard University