Styracosaurus ovatus (was RE: OMEISAUR CLUBS, PACHYRHINOSAUR)

Rutger Jansma wrote:

> Has there been any news regarding the other species of Styracosaurus,
> S. ovatus? Is it any diagnostic? Last thing I've heard was
> that it was based on partial skulls that seem to have had two pair of
> frill spikes instead of the usual three pair.

In that case, _S. ovatus_ (based on fragmentary frill material) may be the
same as _Einiosaurus_ or _Achelosaurus_, which also come from the Two
Medicine Formation and have two pairs of parietal spikes.

Tim

Timothy J. Williams, Ph.D.

USDA-ARS Researcher
Agronomy Hall