Re: "Naked chicken" bred by Israeli geneticist

It makes one wonder how these animals will go with elevated sulphur
levels, assuming they have no method of excreting it. I wonder whether
they will breed naturally as well, since I certainly don't find them as
attractive as the feathered varieties (then again, I'm not a chicken).

These nudie chooks might just be an interesting analogue for dinosaurs.
Perhaps sulphur excretion and feathered sexual/dominance displays were
important to some dinos as well. Or perhaps not. Now we have a modern
analogue to determine just how important feathers are to maniraptors.
Just get me one of these animals, and I promise to conduct all sorts of
experiments - egg incubation and brooding might be a good place to
start. :)

GIS, Archaeologist          http://www.geocities.com/dannsdinosaurs