Re: Cuteness

++++++++++++++++++

True, crocodylian babies do have the trademarked "babyface." As for lizards,
finding pictures of babies on the net shouldn't be too hard. The following
website gives a nice side by side comparison of an (albino) hatchling and an
adult. They don't actually talk about the differences, but they at least have
the pictures there to show them.

http://www.iguanalife.co.uk/common.htm

____________________

>Another thing that should be noted about child care in animals are the
>various Insects and other Arthropods who take care of their young.  In most
>cases the young are identical to the parents aside from size.  Thus parental
>care is clearly not dependant on "juvenile" characteristics.  However I
>still think it could be an indicator.

On a stranger note, I wonder about the young of ants, termites, wasps and bees.
They all look like short, fat, white worms. I wonder if in the insect world,
that counts as a "babyface."

Jura
Jura

Ectoparasite: external parasites. Some common ectoparasites include: ticks,
mites & personal injury attorneys.

The Reptipage
http://reptilis.net