New To List and the Maze of Dinos- Please Help

Hello,
      I am very happy to join this mailing list, and I am unabashed at calling myself a newbie when it comes to paleontology and fossils hunting and identification.  What I would like to have is a good reference to identifying the skeletal structures of dinos, particulary therpods and ankylosaurs, identifying fossils, and anyother information a beginner to this prehistoric world should have.  Web site recommendations would be helpful, books and text books even more so.
Thank you very much,
Greg Pyne