Re: Hell Creek (long)

In a message dated 5/31/02 10:49:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jbois@umd5.umd.edu writes:

<< Is that a total of two wold-wide places? >>

      No, just two good examples. I thought I made that clear.

<< And, without trying to be a smarty pants, if there are just sharks teeth does that mean that all other sea life became extinct? >>

      Of course not. But considering the abundance of mosasaurs up to the K/T, their absence is very telling. The WIS simply swarmed with them. They are extremely common fossil below it in North and South Dakota. Their sturdy verts are everywhere, then nothing. DV