Re: Hell Creek (long)

On Fri, 31 May 2002 10:42:00
 Danvarner wrote:
>In a message dated 5/31/02 10:33:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>jbois@umd5.umd.edu writes:
>

><< I think you've done this before--excuse
>repeats--where on Earth one would look for early Cenozoic mosasaurs,
>ammonites, pterosaurs, enantiornithines, ichtyosaurs, plesiosaurs? >>
>

>       Here in New Jersey. Then there's the Paleocene Cannonball Sea up in
>North Dakota. I've looked there. Just shark teeth. I imagine there are lots
>of places. Ichthyosaurs were already extinct. DV

What about the Paleocene Clayton Formation of Alabama and nearby states?  Here
in Illinois we have a very narrow Clayton bed in the extreme southern portion
of the state.  Most of the fossils are microscopic, but a few years back a nice
vertebrate site (mainly shark and crocodile teeth) was found.  No mosasaurs
that I know of. :-)

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Outgrown your current e-mail service?
Get a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access, No Ads and No Taglines with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus