Re: How Did Hadrosaurs Survive? (Was: Hadrosaur "mummy" questions)

> > >But they probably would have if adults defended the nest<
> >But I thought that you said that hadrosaurs would flee instead of fight..
>
>    Indeed! I pointed to the absence of tyrannosaur teeth at hadrosaur
nests
> as evidence that tyrannosaurs didn't attack the nests or adult hadrosaurs
> didn't fight back.

On what basis is the lack of tyrannosaur tooth finds evidence of this? Is it
a given that a tyrannosaur not only would lose teeth but also that those
teeth _must_ be preserved as fossils? I would think that, aside from
speculation, the evidence is inconclusive at best; especially if the
evidence cited is an apparent absence of something.

-Chris Srnka