Re: upside down ankylosaurs (jk)

<This is not so far-fetched as it may seem (not counting the repartee, of
course). Scavenging tyrannosaurids could well have flipped over ankylosaur
 carcasses to get at the meat. Would have been much less edible going
through  the well-armored dorsal region.>

  I think the idea has merit and may explain things like evolutionarily
increasing trunk width in ankylosaurs to the absence of distinct predation
in them from anything; however, such as in *Sauropelta* and many of the
body fossils of *Euoplocephalus* found inverted, are they not found in
marine sediments showing not only transportation and deposition underwater
but also that marine effects on carcasses, such as bloating and inversion?
Sinking after bloating would retain the relative position unless the
current and depth during the dive was enough to flip the thing over. And
then even still, if upright, wouldn't sinking involve a flipping, showing
that inverted carcasses were in a deep lacustrine/fluviatile/marine
deposit?

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden