Re: SUCHOMIMUS = BARYONYX

> From: ANN SCHMIDT <ashmidt@flash.net>
> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:53:44 -0800 (PST)
> To: Aegyptiacus@aol.com, dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: SUCHOMIMUS = BARYONYX
>

> Aegyptiacus@aol.com wrote:
> Dans un e-mail dat? du 31/10/02 17:06:32 Paris, Madrid,
> zthemanvirus@hotmail.com a ?crit :
>
>> Sounds like the definitions of species and genus are to be worked out
>> again...Even for extant animals.
>> Jean-Michel

That's what I'm saying

> Some other surprising hybrids (sp?) you may not know about include the Cuban
> Crocodile/American Crocodile hybrids, and even a case of a Blue Whale (or Fin
> Whale, I forget) crossed with a Humpback! (mentioned in "The Audobon Society
> Field Guide to Marine Mammals").

The Cuban  Crocodile/American Crocodile hybrid doesn't surprise me.  Given
their proximity the Cuban Croc should probably be considered a subspecies of
the American Croc.  The Humpback/Fin hybrid surprises me more, considering
the mating rituals and accompanying singing that Humpbacks engage in.   But
it confirms that Humpbacks are Rorquels, albiet aberrent forms.   What
became of the hybrid?  -  Bill

Bill & Rebecca Hunt
Hunt Wildlife Studios
119 Bierstadt Ct